Thinking of how to get close with your family members while staying indoors? Let’s reach out and take this opportunity by organizing a Family One-to-Ones and share more intimate moments together!
- Set a day on when you can schedule one-to-ones with each family member.
- Setting a venue is also integral and crucial in having a meaningful one-to-ones. Decide on which avenue you can have this. Since we are asked to stay indoors, we can conduct the one-to-ones on either of your spots at home (e.g. dining, living room, bedroom, balcony, garden, etc.)
- Start with an opening prayer.
- Ask spontaneously on your spouse/child’s experience the past weeks/month. For guidance, you may start by asking how is he/she on the following aspects:
- Work (if working from home)
- Relationship with the children
- Relationship with her family and in-laws
- Chores at home such as sorting out old clothes, cleaning the closet, fixing the broken door furniture/ appliance, cleaning and organizing old toys
- Family – relationship with you as mother/father, his/her siblings, etc.
- Peers / School / Work – environment, relationship with friends, recent achievements/hardworks done, etc.
- Personal matters – dreams and desires, learnings on recent happenings, etc.
- Relationship with God – prayer time